Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New TV

My new television showed up on Friday. Of course working 33 hours over the weekend resulted in little time to enjoy it. But yesterday my son and I spent a little time relaxing on the couch and watching the new television. It's great, like being at a movie theater. Now I just need to finish hooking up the speakers and I'll be set.
I started training for crown, and discovered I'm much farther from in fighting shape that I though I was. I went to a large tournament in New Hampshire a few weeks ago and my endurance was okay, but I'm not sure I was doing as well as I need to against the top level of fighters. And that's who (in theory) I'll need to beat to win crown. Well, there's an event at the end of March in New Jersey that I think I will use as my next benchmark.
On a work note, I may have a line on a job running camera for a local minor league baseball team over the summer, but I'm not sure how that will work with my SCA plans. Winning crown comes with certain implied responsibilities, one of which is activity level. More production work is more money, which is good, but with a new baby scheduling may be difficult, after my wife's maternity leave is over that is. And I'd really like to get into running camera for sports teams, but baseball games are all the time and I think it's the weekday afternoon games that will end up giving me problems. I wonder if they have a cameraman rotation, or if they expect you for every game. I guess I'll try and get the job and then find out.
I'm sure everything will work out, I guess I just want too many things and I'm not really willing to choose which one to give up on. It's very disressing, like trying to walk around with 3-D glasses on.

1 comment:

Angelique said...

Those 3-D glasses were fun, but I couldn't wear mine for too long.

Things will work-out.